Monday 30 November 2009

First post

Ok so here I go, my first blog post...

By way of introduction I am a 30 year old male in the UK, I work for a small IT consultancy and have been in IT for ten years.

I decided to start a blog simply to document problems and solutions I come across in my day to day business life, to 'give something back'.  Hopefully the information I share will help others, as others' information shared has helped me on countless occassions.

I am Microsoft qualified with an MCSE on Windows Server 2003.  Although I hold a senior position in the company, we are so small that I end up dealing with a lot of the crap on a daily basis - stupid users, funky printing issues, corner of user's diary holding down the ctrl key, that sort of thing, as well as the big things, recovering servers from backup post disaster, network planning and design, SBS migration scenarios.  We deal a lot with Small Business Server 2003 and 2008, I have a feeling I will be posting a lot about those products here.  I have used Jeff Middleton's Swing Migration methodology numerous times, both to SBS 2003 and 2008, and that will probably feature too...

No comments:

Post a Comment